Aviation Diecast
Aviation Diecast
Aviation Diecast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for all those who loves collecting diecast airplanes... we love this hobby as a part of our daily life.... and we collect diecast so as to fulfill our dream on having a real airplanes in miniature size.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
a/d/f is in Facebook now. just type in a/d/f and I ll approve your membership.
Bouraq B737-200 (400 scale) a/d/f exclusive merchandise. For order, please call Ernie at: 0813 13526673

Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Antonov1210
Aviation Technician
Antonov1210

Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...??? Empty
PostSubject: Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...???   Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...??? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:50 pm

recently there were a lot of scales that was built regarding diecast models... but mostly the 1:400 and 1:200 scale are popular..... therefore, this thread was made as an advice to all aviators.... this is a guidline for you guys on buying your models...

let's say... you have collected scale 1:400 and you want to switch to 1:200...

or maybe you are collecting 1:200 and you want to have smaller scales...

here are some of the guidelines:

-1:400 Scale:
1) Lots of Variety, Many Brands offering Thousands Of Choices Of Airlines/Liveries and Airframes & Growing Very Fast.Including Propliners & Military.
2) More Than Half Of them Have An Excellent Degree of Accuracy, But You Need To Be selective.There Are Many Duds.
3) Space. You Can Have Several Hundred In A Small Space/Cabinet.
4) Price. A Fraction Of What It Costs For An Inflight.
5) good resale value.... and easy to sell....

-1:200 Scale:
1) Inflight & Herpas All Metal 200 Scale Are Simply Astounding. Sporting Details Not Possible In 400 Scale.
2) Not Much Variety. It May Take As Much as 10 Years To Build A Fleet.
3) Price. Be Prepared To sell your House if You Plan To Have Lots Of Inflights.
4) Space. Large Room or special auditorium Required.
5) Resale. They different level of Value more Than the 1:400 Scale, But May Take Some Time To Sell If You Need Quick Cash.

nb: other advice are welcomed by aviators .....

regards,
antonov1210
Back to top Go down
https://aviation-diecast.darkbb.com
ayamgoreng
Junior Diecast Aviator
Junior Diecast Aviator

Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...???   Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...??? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Sharing my newbie experience:
Beware of addiction!!
Last December I began collecting, today I already have 6 (plus 3 on their way) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And I can't stop my hand from typing ebay.com... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
is
Advisor
is

PostSubject: Re: Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...???   Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...??? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:36 am

wakakakak, welcome to the club om ayamgoreng..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Fly Emirates
Fly Emirates

PostSubject: Re: Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...???   Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...??? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:38 pm

coba tanya pengalaman om Is setalah gabung dengan kita2..... betul ga om Is.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...???   Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice for newbies... which scale should you choose to start your collections...???
Page 1 of 1